Friday, January 2, 2009

Grading

Overview
I will asses your motivation and personal learning individually . Everyone learns differently and is at different levels of their education. I will not be comparing you to anyone else other than your own learning. I will asses where you are individually and how much you are motivated to learn. Ultimately, I believe that we actually teach ourselves. We are responsible for our own education. I will only provide a structure and environment for learning. Motivation and interaction with your peers and me, is what I need to see. If I see that you are just trying to simply “earn the credit”, there is no way for you to get a grade above a “C”. In my book a “C” is average work. “B” means you are applying yourself and motivated to learn. An “A “means that you are going far beyond the expectation of the course.


Assignments
1. Mapping a Daily Routine


2. Magazine Publication


Process-
Everyone is expected to document project process. We will do this all digitally through individual Blogs and Flickr sites. The Blogs will be the written component of your process. You will need to describe your concept development, goals, outcomes and reflectings [or self evaluation] for each project. 
A Flickr site for the course is http://www.flickr.com/groups/art200. You will be asked to submit images for process and final outcome. You will receive a grade for your preocess alone. Please set up your Blog sits ASAP and send me your Blog’s URL so that I can post it on our Course Blog.


I had to make adjustments to the grading point system because we are doing only two projects.


Grading Point System

 

ASSIGNMENTS 


project 01

Narrative Mapping Book

20 pts final presentation

10 pts handcraft skills

10 pts  individual design process

 

project 02

Magazine Spreads

20 pts final presentation

10 pts handcraft skills

10 pts individual design process

 

Documentation  {for all projects} - 20 pts

blog entrees - writing skills and project descriptions

fickr site contribution - images and captions

 

100 Points Total

 

Extra credit:

project 01

Book cover design 5 pts



90-100 = A
 80-90 = B
 70-80 = C
 60-70 = D
 50-60 = F

Attendance is the last factor to change your letter grade. Please refer to attendance policy.

No comments:

Post a Comment